Part of Dewalt’s 18v cordless range, the DCP580 Dewalt planer is one of the best on the market. For woodworking jobs in particular it is a godsend.
We look at some of its key features and applications.
Dewalt planer – features
- On board blade storage provides quick and easy to change blades
- 2.0mm depth of cut for large material removal
- 0.1mm increment depth adjustment for fine adjustment
- Front and rear shoe milled in situ for increased accuracy
- On-board torx key for quick and easy blade change
- Foot lock off to lift the tool above the surface when not in use
- Air lock port that is compatible with air lock or dust bag
- Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series designed for efficiency and making applications faster
Furthermore, it boasts a brushless motor which brings many other benefits to the table.
Brushless Motor technology
Interestingly this was the first cordless planer to integrate a brushless motor into its arsenal. Benefits include the following:
- Longer runtime
- Better efficiency
- Longer service life
Morover, optimal runtime is provided when the Dewalt planer is paired with a 5.0Ah Li-ion battery. In addition to that, corded power without the hassle of cords is a key quality offered by cordless power tools such as this.
- Trimming work
- Assembly work
- Planing carcasses, trim, skirting, infill panels, doors, etc.
- Applications where convenient one-handed operation is required
- Planing door rebates, beams, planks and broad surfaces
- All kinds of window rebate
- Texturing surfaces
Woodworking tasks can be difficult, however the Dewalt planer is designed to help complete them with its accuracy, ergonomic design and efficiency also highly impressive.
Indeed, its rubber grip overmould is comfortable and the soft grip handles offer optimum control and manoeuvrability during a wide range of applications.
Try it yourself
To summarize, this Dewalt planer is a class leading cordless power tool that can be used very effectively when planing and shaping wood materials.