All of our mitre saws provide precise and accurate cuts to materials such as wood. Makita DXT, however, is designed to cut larger workpieces with a greater accuracy.
DXT stands for deep and exact cutting technology. We take a look at its key features and the mitre saws that embrace the technology.
- Double sliding mechanism – by using 4 short steel poles instead of the usual 2 long poles, a DXT Mitre Saw is vibration free and has improved portability
- Double sliding guide fence – upper and lower sections slide independently for added convenience; Each upper fence slides outwards for a bevel cut and each lower fence slides inwards to allow a more secure hold on smaller workpieces
- Quick and accurate mitre lock – mitre angle can be locked/unlocked simply by turning the knob 90 degrees
The technology 3-stage reduction gear unit and movable rear blade guard provide larger capacities of cutting crown moulding and baseboard (skirting board).
LS1216L double bevel mitre saw
- Capable of diagonal cutting up to 203mm in crown moulding
- Capable of vertical cutting up to 165mm in baseboard (skirting)
- Exact cutting is obtained by using 4 short poles instead of the usual 2 longer poles. This also reduces vibration and makes for more precise cutting.
- 6 linear ball bearings are used to support the 4 poles for smooth and precise sliding out
- Double sliding guide fence – the upper and the lower sections slide independently for added convenience; each upper fence slides outwards for bevel cut and each lower fence slides inwards to securely hold small workpieces for precise and exact cutting
- Quick and accurate mitre angle lock – mitre angle can be locked or unlocked by simply turning the handle 90°
- Positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6° and 45°
Furthermore it features quick and accurate mitre angle lock – mitre angle can be locked or unlocked by simply turning the handle 90°.
LS1219L slide compound mitre saw
- Front knob for easy bevel adjustment
- Holders to support a wide workpiece
- Easy-to-operate mitre angle lock
- One-touch sliding lock
- Large turn base
- Connects to dust extractor
- Electric brake
- Soft start
- Constant speed control
- Double insulation
Additionally, its motor head slides on fixed pipes without extending the machine at the rear end, so the tool can be placed close to walls.
Check it out
In conclusion, Makita DXT is a technology designed to improve your performance when cutting larger workpieces. If, therefore, you are working on bigger-sized materials then the aforementioned mitre saws are ideal for you.
Moreover, the LS1216L and LS1219L are enhanced versions of the LS1216 and LS1219. Indeed, they boast greater depth of cut and length of angles, meaning you can work on bigger projects with little fuss. The LS1219L also features laser marker.