Looking for a Makita impact driver that delivers high-end performance in a compact and lightweight package? The DTD171 18V does exactly that and much more.
Part of the ever-expanding Makita LXT range, it is also brushless. Read on for more on this must-have item for professionals and DIY hobbyists.
Makita impact driver features
- Electronic 4-stage impact power selection + 4x Assist Modes
- 4x Assist Mode Variations: Wood mode, T-mode for thick metal plate, T-mode for thin metal plate and Bolt Mode
- Quick mode switching function with memory function
- Brushless motor
- Electric brake
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Forward / reverse rotation
- LED job light
- Ergonomically designed high comfort grip
- One touch sliding chuck for easy bit installation and removal
- Belt clip
The assist modes have been specifically tailored for use on particular tasks. With a quick mode switching function, the tool can easily shift from one task to another without having to interrupt work, therefore helping tradespeople to progress jobs at a far faster rate.
Suitable for use across a number of high-intensity tasks, the tool has a max tightening torque of 180Nm, making it the most powerful cordless Makita impact driver.
Whilst striving for outstanding performance, the importance of comfort and ease of use has not been overlooked. Indeed, to this end, the tool has been fitted with an ergonomic soft grip.
Additional features, such as one-touch bit installation and twin LED job lights help tradespeople to work without interruption and make working in areas of poor visibility far easier. What’s more, as with all of Makita’s products the tool comes with a three-year warranty if you register online.
Check it out
In conclusion, the new Makita impact driver ticks a number of boxes. In addition to being conveniently compact it packs power. Furthermore its various modes give it a greater versatility.