In the recent past we have published posts on Makita 5 and 6 piece kits ideal for woodworkers, and our new triple pack represents equally good value for money. Indeed, we delve into why that is the case below.
Makita woodworking kit – contents
- DHP485 combi drill
- DRT50 router
- DKP180 planer
- 2x 5.0Ah Li-ion Batteries
- Supplied in Makpac case
The aforementioned power tools are part of any good wordworker’s arsenal. Meanwhile, the Li-ion batteries and charger provided mean you should always be well prepared for the day ahead.
Additionally, the Makpac case makes transportation of the tools easy and efficient, whatever the environment.
Makita triple pack – features
DHP485 Combi Drill
- Forward/reverse rotation
- Single sleeve keyless chuck allows for easy bit installation/removal by one hand
- Electric brake
- 2 mechanical gears
- Variable speed control by trigger
- Best possible ergonomic handle for drill-driver applications
- Connectable to dust extractor
- Soft start
- Variable speed control dial
- Constant speed control
- Push button with lock on/off
- Aluminium base for higher durability and accuracy
- Aluminium housing
- Shaft lock
- Planes a width of 82mm (3¼”) in a single pass
- Easy to use adjustable depth settings
- Unrivalled for sheer power, size and performance the precision machined aluminium base allows for planing accuracy and the cutter head makes 14000 cuts per minute for fast stock removal
- Fitted with a comfortable operator handle
- The lock-on button gives the operator the option of continuous operation
- Left and right handed use due to the buttons on either side of the handle
- Dust extraction port on the side
- Shoe on the underside stops accidental laying down of planer while blade is still moving
Furthermore, the combi drill and router both boast Brushless motors for increased efficiency and LED lights to improve vision in darker areas of the jobsite.
- Shaping and planing wood
Moreover, trimming and assembly work can be applied by the planer and multiple routing applications, such as making interior cuts and circle/curve cutting are just some of the capabilities on offer with this Makita woodworking kit.
Check it out
In conclusion, the Makita woodworking kit provides fantastic value for what you’re getting. Whether a trade professional in need of top power tools or DIY enthusiast not in need of a giant kit, you can’t go wrong with this triple pack.