The new Makita 5 piece kit is here and it is a woodworker’s dream. The DLX5043PT features some of the most popular power tools along with three 5Ah lithium-ion batteries and a charger.
Suited to woodworking applications, the kit is part of the 18V LXT brushless range that guarantees top performance.
With the most prominent shopping season fast approaching we look at why it should be top of your list.
Makita 5 piece kit contents
- DHP484Z combi hammer drill
- DTD153Z impact driver
- DHS680Z circular saw
- DJV182Z jigsaw
- DML186Z fluorescent lamp light
- 3x 5.0Ah Li-ion batteries
These are packaged in a rugged, flexible tool bag that has a shoulder strap, handgrip and very useful trolley wheels. Furthermore, there is an extendable handle for ease of transport of your tools whilst keeping them safe.
One thing the aforementioned power tools have in common are their brushless motors. These lead to increased performance and durability without compromising on power. Below we take a look at key features offered individually by the tools.
Makita DHP484Z combi hammer drill
- Runs up to 2,000rpm in high mode, 500rpm in low mode
- Impact performance of 30,000ipm in high and 7,500ipm in low modes
- Maximum torque of 54Nm with 21 settings and drill mode
- Punches a 13mm hole in masonry, and with all-metal gear box and aluminium gear housing is ideal for rugged site operations
- Compact overall length of 182mm
Makita DTD153Z impact driver
- Produces 170 Nm of torque
- 3,600ipm, with a no load speed up to 3,400 rpm
- This model has a ¼” hex
- One touch sliding chuck for easy bit installation and removal
Makita DHS680Z circular saw
- Produces 680 watts of motor power that will run the 165mm blade up to 5,000rpm without load and also features Automatic Speed Control
- Maximum cutting depth at 0° is 57mm; 41mm at 45° and 37mm at 50°
- Large lock-off lever fixes the cutting angle
- In operation a blower function blows sawdust off the cutting line for a clear view of the blade path
Makita DJV182Z jigsaw
- Runs from 800 up to 3,500 strokes per minute with a 26mm stroke length giving a maximum cut in wood of 135mm, 10mm in steel and 20mm in aluminium
- Rigid aluminium base bevels 0-45°, both left and right
- For safety, after the trigger is released, the machine will lock automatically if the lock-on button is not pressed within 10 seconds
Get it now
In conclusion, this Makita 5 piece kit covers all your needs. Drilling and sawing is made efficient, while the added benefit of a high quality lamp light means working in darker areas is no struggle.